Toolkits is a business information and consulting company providing practical guidance, resources and insights that drive business outcomes.
Professionals today crave easy access to actionable information and guidance more than ever, yet there remains a dearth of reliable, independent and objective content documenting the tactics, strategies and best practices they can use to drive their companies and careers forward.
When searching for trustworthy guidance online, professionals are met with an abundance of poor-quality and misleading information, and are often forced to cobble together answers from disparate and inconsistent sources they don’t know and have little reason to trust.
Toolkits offers an alternative, bringing together the knowledge, experience, strategies, tactics and best practices employed by the world’s leading companies in one convenient place.
Toolkits’ founders have decades of experience as journalists and editors at leading media and publishing companies. We’ve seen firsthand the power of trustworthy, objective and independent information and the impact it has on businesses and careers. Our goal is to bring the same principles and rigor to practical business information, and to give professionals easy access to the reliable guidance they deserve.
What we do
- Toolkits: Collections of practical Guides, strategic Insights and actionable Resources oriented around specific outcomes and business goals. Guides are authored by a team of experienced analysts and journalists, working with subject matter experts and practitioners. They’re accompanied by Resources to help kickstart immediate progress, and Insights designed to provide timely analysis of crucial trends and developments.
- Workshops: Strategy sessions based on proven tactics and best practices, designed to help drive tangible & specific outcomes. Workshops include access to all Toolkits content.
- Consulting: Access to in-house experts and a network of vetted partners for customized advisory programs, projects and long-term engagements. Consulting is tailored to specific businesses and needs, from strategy through execution.
Our coverage areas
- Brand publishing: Creating successful branded publications and content operations to inform, educate, engage and entertain. Ideal for any company or brand looking to build their publishing capabilities and forge direct relationships with audiences.
- Subscription publishing: Building and operating content-based subscription and membership products. For any publisher building lucrative and sustainable recurring revenue directly from their audience.
- DTC startups: Navigating early-stage challenges for direct-to-consumer startups. For founders and executives building companies with clearly articulated values and efficient, smoothly running teams.
Jack is a media operator, product manager and editor with a proven track record in building content-led digital products and subscription businesses for a variety of audiences across a range of verticals. He advises publishers and media companies on how best to establish, grow and optimize engaging and sustainable digital content products, and how subscription models can effectively drive revenue as part of a broader revenue mix. Prior to founding Toolkits, Jack operated multi-million dollar subscription businesses for brands including Digiday, Glossy and Modern Retail. He is also a veteran journalist and editor, with a background at global publishers and media companies including The Wall Street Journal, Digiday Media, Incisive Media and News Corp. Reach Jack at [email protected]
Shareen is a journalist, editorial strategist and content product leader with extensive experience launching and operating market-leading digital publications and content initiatives. She consults and advises media companies, design firms, ad agencies and others looking to build and grow editorial operations. Prior to founding Toolkits, Shareen ran editorial products at Digiday Media where she helped build, launch and grow business publications including Glossy and Modern Retail, and managed multiple revenue-generating content products including research, podcasts and events. In an editorial capacity, she’s worked in newsrooms in the U.S. and Singapore, including The Straits Times, Dow Jones and Crain Communications. She’s a graduate of the Columbia School of Journalism. Reach Shareen at [email protected]
- Proven expertise. We focus on sharing knowledge and best-practices from practitioners and experts to help professionals separate the signal from the noise.
- Utility. We prioritize practical and actionable information designed to drive tangible outcomes.
- Independent perspective. We believe in objective and evidence-based reporting, research and analysis.
- Simplicity and clarity. We respect professionals and their time. We believe they need concise and clearly written information presented in a straightforward, efficient and honest way.
- Quality. We believe professionals deserve an alternative to misinformation and low-quality content.
For further information, contact us below: